Research and Teaching needs a flexible robotic platform that can keep up with the challenges of their cutting edge applications. The iMobot modular robot can be used individually or assembled into clusters to scale up to more advanced experiments. Not only is the hardware flexible, but the software and electrical interface is too. Barobo, Inc. offers a wide variety of sensors, connectors and development kits to allow you to integrate specialized hardware. Once an experiment is finished the modules can be torn down and repurposed for a new application.
The possible research areas using the iMobot modular robot are broad; they include:
- Collaboration of multiple robots
- Swarm technology
- Artificial machine intelligence
- Wireless networking
- Collaboration and programming for reconfigurability
- Sensor fusion
- Simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)
- Cyber-physical systems
- Generic architectures
- Ubiquitous computing
- Validation of algorithm and software simulation through the use of a hardware platform
Click this link more information about our products.