Home Page Forums Troubleshooting/Help firmware update?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  harrishancock 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dobrigawitch
    Participant

I just purchased a classroom set of linkbots. Under the old Barobo link firmware, everything works fine. When I run the firmware update for Linkbot Labs, I can connect to the manager, but my linkbots are DOA when I try to connect them to any Chide code. Any thoughts?

Dobrigawitch
    Participant

Oh, just FYI

I run firmware updates to hook up to Linkbot Labs, then I have to reinstall the old firmware in order to get the linkbots back to being functional in my classroom. In order to reinstall the old firmware, I have to uninstall Linkbot Labs.

harrishancock

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply! Regarding the problem of not being able to use Linkbots with Ch code, I’d recommend uninstalling Ch and BaroboLink/Linkbot Labs. Then install Ch, then Linkbot Labs, in that order. At this point, with a dongle plugged in, you should be able to run a test program in ChIDE–if Ch code is still unable to control Linkbots, let me know!

BaroboLink and Linkbot Labs are incompatible, and cannot exist on the same computer at the same time. Moreover, the firmware bundled with each one is incompatible with the other: if you update a Linkbot to use Linkbot Labs firmware, it will no longer be able to communicate with BaroboLink, and if you downgrade a Linkbot to use BaroboLink firmware, it will no longer be able to communicate with Linkbot Labs (and, by extension, the Ch Linkbot binding shipped with Linkbot Labs).

Linkbot Labs is a replacement for BaroboLink, which is deprecated and unsupported. There are a couple features left to implement in the new Linkbot Labs firmware, notably Bump Connect and Tilt Drive, but otherwise the Linkbot Labs firmware is a huge improvement over the old firmware in terms of communications reliability. Unless Bump Connect and Tilt Drive are necessary for your classroom instruction, we recommend sticking with Linkbot Labs, and the firmware it provides.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Harris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.