I have about 8 Linkbots they were working fine and somebody talked me into doing the firmware update because we couldn’t use to the linkbots labs without it now my linkbots won’t do anything but turn on. I can’t use the labs nor can I link them together. How to reset my linkbots or undo the firmware. (I found the firmware uninstaller but it doesn’t work.) Please help.
If you choose to roll back your firmware, let us know if you run into any trouble. However, we may be able to troubleshoot your issues with Linkbot Labs. I would need to know a few things:
1. What operating system (including version) are you running?
2. What version of the Linkbot Labs beta are you trying?
3. What symptoms are you seeing exactly? For example, when you try to add a Linkbot to the robot manager (the left-hand panel in Linkbot Labs), does an entry for your Linkbot appear, but remain offline?
Note that the firmware which comes with the Linkbot Labs beta does not yet support bump-connecting (i.e., you cannot yet link them together).
It sounds like you’re seeing the “File -> Reset Mobot Firmware” menu item inside BaroboLink, which is the wrong program. The firmware updater you need to use is a completely separate program, installed next to BaroboLink. You’ll find it in one of the following locations, depending on your operating system:
– Windows XP through 7: under your start menu at “Start -> All Programs -> BaroboLink -> Barobo Firmware Update Utility”
– Windows 8: under your applications menu at “Apps -> BaroboLink -> Barobo Firmware Update Utility”
If you don’t find it there, then I’d recommend reinstalling BaroboLink 1.6.9 from the link above. Let me know how it goes.