Home Page Forums Troubleshooting/Help RESOLVED: Problem on installing Linkbot Labs over BaroboLink

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  harrishancock 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

beastvold
    Participant

I resolved this issue on my own, but I thought it should be documented in case others run into it.

I had BaroboLink 1.6.9 and ChIDE 7.5 installed on a Windows 7 machine. I wanted to install the new version of Linkbot Labs 1.0.10 and ChIDE 7.5.3, so I uninstalled both from the Windows Uninstaller in the Control Panel. Then, after installing the new ChIDE, I tried installing Linkbot Labs and ran into an exception error:

“Exception: boost::filesystem::remove: Access is denied: “C:\Ch\package\chbarobo\lib\angles2distances.chf”

With this exception, the whole installation fails.

Apparently, the uninstaller for ChIDE and BaroboLink didn’t remove the directory C:\Ch\package\chbarobo when uninstalling, creating an error when installing the new Linkbot Labs. I had to go in and remove this directory manually to get it to work.

harrishancock

beastvold,

Thank you for posting this; I’m glad you were able to resolve the problem!

The Linkbot Labs installer currently does not overwrite or remove files marked read-only, which I suspect was the cause of the problem. Indeed, the correct fix is just to manually remove the chbarobo directory.

Harris Hancock

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.